What To Ask Your Date Besides “What are Your Hobbies?” and “What Do You Do For Work”?
Whether you are in an early match.com chat, on a live 5 minute speed date or perhaps just out at a bar these questions will come in handy. Most of us dread the hobby question because quite frankly the average person doesn’t have many amazing hobbies. Most of us work, have kids and maybe hit the gym a couple of days a week. But those aren’t really hobbies. The other question we hate is about our careers. Many people don’t love their jobs and find it boring to talk about.
So here are a few questions to add to that database in your mind that will generate a stimulating conversation.
- What was the best part of your day?
- Who is the last person that made you laugh?
- What was the last clothing item you bought?
- What is the oldest thing in your freezer?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- Who is your celebrity lookalike?
- What is your favorite room in your house?
- Where do you buy your groceries?
- What do you typically eat for breakfast?
- What kind of crowd did you hang out with in high school?
- What clothing item have you had the longest?
- What is the last thing that needed to be fixed in your home?
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- What store do you visit most frequently?
- What are some of your favorite expressions?
- How long does is take you to get ready for work?
- Is there a reality show you would love to go on?
- When was the last time you exaggerated a story?
- What was the last little white lie that you told?
- When was the last time you were late for something?
If any of these questions are fun for you to think about then they will surely be fun to talk about with a date. Pick your favorite questions and feel free to share your answers with me. I would also love to hear any new questions to add to the list.