Must I Respond to Every Match Email That I Get?
My answer is no! I hear this debate constantly. Surprisingly I hear more men whining and complaining about this then I do women. And I must say that a nagging, whining man is just not very sexy! So guys please let me put this in perspective for you!
- First of all so many of the guys literally write a 5000 word essay in that ‘about me’ section. Internet dating is so time consuming as it is. If you honestly expect us to read the long boring profile and then take the time to respond and tell you why we are not compatible it is just not going to happen.
- We are internet dating here. It is understood that you likely sent 25 messages to 25 different women. It is not as if we have some deep meaningful relationship that warrants any type of closure. No response means we are not interested. So please don’t even keep track of who you send to and you won’t need the closure.
- Responding to you and telling you why we are not compatible only opens up a dialogue that we don’t want to have. We don’t want you responding trying to rebuttal our decision and believe me this does happen.
- Do you really want to experience the excitement of seeing a message in your inbox only to get rejected moments later? Trust me we are saving you some grief.
- It is my guess that these complaining men are window shopping and only writing to the women that are total tens. Usually those profiles are fake and will respond asking you for a credit card. Come back to reality and say hello to the cute girl next door and things might change.
- And lastly, (this is harsh) if you are continually getting rejected and ignored stop dodging the bullet. The real issue isn’t that women are rude and not responding! The real issue is you! Perhaps you are only seeking women that are not in your criteria, perhaps your profile has 7 typos, or maybe you are not smiling in any pics. It could be anything. Figure it out before too much more time gets wasted.
Personally I think internet dating is fantastic. And there are many great men and women out there. I recently mentored a client through her first match.com experience and helped her screen 100’s of profiles. We found many great guys in the end. Some responded and some ignored her. Honestly, we only paid attention to those who responded and didn’t give it a second thought. It is a lot of work but well worth it in the end. I am one of those match.com success stories and am glad Blazman responded to my message 11 years ago. It does work!