Dating Scene During Hurricane Irene
As long as your electricity is still running you have no excuses not get online and visit those internet dating sites. So many singles in the hurricane are trapped inside for endless hours while waiting for the hurricane to pass. And I can assure you that so many of these singles will be browsing the internet dating sites. So here are a few tips to help you make the most of it!
1. Don’t listen to those negative friends that try convince you that those sites never work! Just because they don’t work for your negative friends doesn’t mean they won’t work for you. I personally met my second husband on match.com 10 years ago. So trust me, they do work!
2. Be careful of those free sites. You get what you pay for and if it is free you will likely find more singles that are not as serious about dating as those that have to put a little money into it.
3. Be sure your profile is unique and entertaining to view. Avoid bragging, leave out awards you got in high school and keep your pics current. No one wants to see pics of your pets, boats or even hurricane shots. Save those for facebook.
4. Don’t sit around and wait for someont to respond to you. And please no winking. If someone looks interesting a quick personal note is great. The worst thing that happens is that you don’t hear back.
5. Sure the rejection rate on these sites is pretty high. But who cares if a few people that you never met reject you! It doesn’t mean that everyone will. Have fun and keep at it until you make that great connection.
The number one thing stopping you from finding a true love are your beliefs. Think about those friends that met their spouses on the internet. Were they the ones that were always complaining about being single? Or were they the ones that had a positive attitude? Now you decide the type of person that you want to be! If you want to have a positive attitude about dating then you deserve just that. Remember no one is holding a gun to your head telling you that you must think negative, miserable thoughts. You decide what you think! Now think positive and get out there and make it happen for you! And do it quickly before your electricity goes out!