Why a Bad Speed Date Beats a Bad Internet Date
Many can’t decide between speed dating and internet dating. I met my husband on match and am a big fan of both. But a bad internet date can be torture. I remember many of those first internet dates. It was always the same story…They looked nothing like their pictures and I would just spend the entire dating thinking about how to get out of there. Here are the top five reasons a bad speed date beats a bad internet date.
- Speed dating costs $25 with got5minutes.com and coupon code speed123. On average you will have 12 dates. Maybe more and maybe less depending on the venue and the demand. This works out to be $2 per date. That is cheaper than a cup coffee. And considering what you paid the internet dating site this is a bargain.
- A speed date takes exactly five minutes. Even an internet coffee date is going to drag on for at least an awkward 20 minutes.
- After a bad internet date you feel annoyed and frustrated and may even swear off dating for a while. But at speed dating your next date is 2 feet and 10 seconds away. It gets you right back out there and doesn’t allow for time to drag yourself into a rut of negative thinking.
- You don’t have to say goodbye. At the end of an awkward internet date you wonder if you should give a hug, hand shake or kiss on the cheek. You are probably dreading all of these options but feel badly rejecting the person. None of this happens after a speed date. The event ends and you can just quietly leave after turning in that match card. There is no need for a breakup text or call either. It is just a simple no on the match card and the relationship is over.
- There will be no temptation to make a massive mistake of bringing someone home that you really don’t want to pursue. There is no risk of a walk of shame or waking up drunk next to someone that you were much more attracted too with the alcohol in your system. With speed dating you just wake up to an email telling you whether or not you matched with those singles that you are sure you felt that initial chemistry with.