All I Want for Christmas is…
Everyone wants to find that special someone before the holidays kick in. Then suddenly you become one of the lucky ones who found that mutual connection! You are so happy to be dating someone just in time for the holidays. You actually won’t have to hug your best friend on New Years again this year. But oh wait, now you have to deal with the whole holiday gift exchange. Do we exchange gifts or not? A few tips to follow if you are one of the lucky ones…
1. Communicate and come right out ask whether or not you should exchange gifts. Discuss some perimeters around cost and stick to it.
2. Girls typically like to get clothes, jewelery and other materialistic gifts. When you are newly dating this can be awkward and expensive. A trendy scarf or pajamas may be an easier route to go. It is not that women are just materialistic but they like to have something to remind them of their new love.
3. Guys do not like “stuff” so avoid those gift bins in the front of Marshals or other department stores. They don’t want the slippers or the 5 in 1 screw driver. They prefer to be pampered by you or taken out to a fun show, concert and special dinner.
4. Never give gift cards or money. You need to show that you put some thought into it and attempt to make your new love feel special.
5. Girls don’t like chocolate. In fact I look at a box of chocolates and all I see is three more inches on my hips.
If you have not been so lucky at love in 2010 make a resolution to find love in 2011. Start the year with a positive attitude about finding love. Make it your resolution to find what you are looking for. Don’t make excuses to stay home anymore, don’t complain about online dating sites and don’t convince yourself that you are destined to be single. Having a positive attitude it the first step to finding true love.